Who's the copycat cook?


What do you do during lock down from COVID 19 in the UK - start a cookery blog, well that's what I have decided to do.  My inspiration came when during the wondrous time that is nap time, I reached for cookery book I was given a couple of years ago but had never had the time to fully digest. I devoured the sumptuous, recipes and beautiful photography. The book was Gizzi Erskin's SLOW, a cookery book had never seemed more apt for these lock-down times. I pretty much marked every page and  promised myself with this enforced  pace of life slow down I would get back to cooking, to trying recipes and exploring new ingredients.

Now it wasn't until I spoke to a friend about this book and chatted about the beautifully gentle and soothing film Julie and Julia that I thought about documenting this deep dive into SLOW.

There are 26 recipes that I have listed as wanting to do and I am planning on doing one a week.

This blog will be an easy breezy review of the recipes and basically an opportunity to see if I can follow a recipe and create anything similar to what has been created in the book. Now this might seem simple, just do what it says! However, I am notorious for not following a recipe and substituting ingredients, often forgetting to buy something that is needed. But I am going to give it my best shot.

Emily


Comments