NEW POTATOES WITH PEAS AND CORIANDER


NEW POTATOES WITH PEAS AND CORIANDER



Why this one?
Ottolenghi told me to do it. As I have mentioned before at the back of SIMPLE there are meal plans, I'd chosen to do the Spring lamb with sides for my mum's birthday meal and this was one of the dishes he recommended as a side.

Find the recipe here... https://jonoandjules.com/2019/04/23/new-potatoes-with-peas-coriander/

Any substitutes?
None

The actual cooking of the dish
As part of this dish I had to blitz into a thick paste the peas, chillies, lemon and oil, I made this the evening before meaning that on the day I only had to cook the potatoes and then mix with whazzed pea mixture. 

Best laid plans and all that meant that I had tried to work out all the timings so that we would be eating whilst the baby slept, even factoring in a bit of time before lunch was served to do last minute prep. But my darling little baby girl had other ideas, a serious case of FOMO struck her - refusing her nap despite serious attempt by mummy and daddy to encourage her to head off to the land of nod. 

My attempts at shssing and lullaby singing coincided with the potatoes final minutes of cooking so my husband had to step in and assemble. Tag teaming working brilliantly. 

What I thought
Now I love a pea so I am probably biased on this front as think every dish is elevated by the addition of these sweet little globes. Adding a vibrant green and a hint of sweetness which was offset by the punch of chilli, according to my dad there could have been more, but for me it was the perfect level of spice. The coriander adding a expansiveness to the dish, it felt like the taste buds had been opened up and fresh air was rushing through. 

The potatoes were cooked to perfection, even if I do say so myself. Tender all the way through but without their skins starting to fall off. 

Difficulty: Easy

Tastiness rating: 8/10

Next time I'd.... wouldn't change it. I did enjoys it as a side but had it fried a bit like bubble and squeak with the fried egg the next day and for me that was even better than the original form. 

Comments