BAKED RATATOUILLE AND GOATS CHEESE

 BAKED RATATOUILLE AND GOATS CHEESE



Why this one?

Hot hot hot summer days and a bountiful crop of garden courgettes called for Mediterranean inspired dinners. My sister had done this one and recommend it hence our giving it ago. 

Find the recipe here...  https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/baked-ratatouille-goats-cheese

Any substitutes?

As my husband isn't a fan of goats cheese I substituted that for mozzarella. 

The actual cooking of the dish

When reflecting on this cooking of this I found it a bit faffy - chopping the veg, making the ratatouille, then the cheese sauce, then slicing the courgettes. It seemed endless however 32 degree heat while rushing to complete each element before the baby wakes up probably contributed to the feeling of laborious dinner making. In hindsight it is no different from making a lasagne or something like that. 

Each element was super easy to do and I constructed mine during the day so it could just be cooked at night. A 20 minute cooling time allowed the perfect opportunity to actually do a work out, limited to time with the reward of dinner immediately when completed. Perfect. 

What I thought

I wished i'd made the whole batch which served 6 instead of halfing it. It was rich and packed with vegetables resulting in a wholesome feel, the cheese sauce adding a decadence and creaminess which ran through the whole dish. 

I will absolutely be making this again.  

Difficulty: Easy but relatively time consuming. 


Tastiness rating: 9/10

Next time I'd.... Make double the quantity - I think it would be perfect for freezer meals. I would also like to try it with goats as I think its delish! 

Comments